We here at Gig Directory just set up a home studio to record our voice over work. We are a on a tight budget!
Here is what we use:
1) Boom Stand: These movable arms make it easy to get the mic in the proper position. We use a $16 Neewer Microphone Suspension Boom from Amazon.
2) USB Microphone: We use a $50 Audio Technica ATR2100.
3) Recording: Our software
- IMovie: We use this for final editing.
- Garage Band: Record voice overs for different presentations and small edits.
- QuickTime: Record full screen videos of our presentations.
- PowerPoint: We use it to create presentations we record.